When you hear your friends talking about going organic, it does not surprise you anymore. Nowadays, having an all-natural lifestyle is the trend everyone is getting into and honestly, it’s not bad. On the other hand, it actually does good for the environment and gives a whole lot of benefits to humans. There are organic food and recipes you can try, as well as skin care products that are totally safe for both adults and children, some are even leaning to natural, old-school but tried and tested ways of treating wounds and some illnesses.
If you have not jumped in the bandwagon yet then maybe it’s time for you to give this kind of lifestyle a try. You can start with flowers! Flowers are known to have several benefits, one of which is its healing properties. You will never know when you will need it but it is going to be a huge help if you can easily find a treatment right outside your garden or while you are on a mountain hike with your family and friends whenever and wherever you need it.
Before you engage yourself with some medicinal flower business, you need to know that not all flowers offer this kind of characteristic so to keep you on the right track, here is a list of six flowers which have healing benefits.
- Echninacea – This flower possesses substances such as alkylamides which are found to be effective in treating colds, flu, and sore throat. It was also what the Native American tribes use for healing diseases and wounds because Echinacea can be useful in treating conditions in the body caused by both internal and external factors.
- Lavender – Popular among those who enjoy aromatherapy because if its relaxing scent, Lavender flowers can also be relied on for its antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. So aside from smelling its fragrance to help you sleep soundly through the night, you would be happy to know that it can also relieve burns, acne, wounds and even heal conditions related to your chest and throat.
- Calendula – Let us introduce to you this wonder flower. Calendula surprises with so many healing benefits that you’d like to have your own staple at of theses in your backyard. Its flowers are known to contain glycosides which have anti-inflammatory, antiviral, and antibacterial components. It’s also popularly called as marigold and have been actively used for healing cuts and burns for many centuries. At present, Calendula substance is a common ingredient for skin care products addressing acne, fungi, and rashes skin conditions.
- Hawthorn – These tiny but attractive flowers are a gift to the heart – literally and figuratively. It is used for cardiovascular diseases because of its antioxidant properties. People of old age with a heart disease would benefit from this super flower since it can enhance blood circulation, improve heart muscle condition, and lower the blood pressure.
- Passionflower – Like its name, this flower offers nothing but passion with the kind of healing it gives. The effect of these flowers on one’s mental health is as interesting as its appearance. Passionflowers are widely known to treat insomnia, depression, anxiety, stress, and other mental and emotional conditions. It also aids as a relaxant for those with epilepsy, asthma, and shingles.
- Jasmine – When you feel sore from a work-out or you are feeling under the weather, Jasmine flowers can help you recover since these flowers address different kinds of body pains. In tea form, you can count on these flowers to help you with your digestive, anxiety, and sleep concerns.
You can always choose to make flowers a regular presence in your household not only because it smells and looks good but also for its medicinal properties. So the next time you and your friends have a chat, make sure you let them know about these amazing benefits of flowers!